Must Love Dogs: A Charity Anthology
Must Love Dogs is an anthology for charity, showcasing sixteen love stories that feature mans best friend. Service animals are an integral part of society. They help people with various ailments and cope with the day to day that most people take for granted. For this anthology, we are raising money for one young lady in particular named Kali Forbach, as she strives to raise money for a service dog of her own to help with her own ailment. Come join us as we celebrate these lovable creatures and take you on an unforgettable journey of love and acceptance as we help one remarkable young lady.
I am always a sucker for a fundraising anthology and this one was totally worth my pennies. Each story is what is known as a "safe romance" -- the characters are with no others once they meet. Each is full of love at first sight and commitment.
However, please note: WARNING... there may be triggers in some of these stories. Each story includes a service dog which is used by one of the characters. Some are seeing eye dogs, some help those with PTSD, and one even helps with seizures. Dogs are amazing creatures and I love how each author showed how helpful they can be to those who suffer from hidden difficulties. In addition, some of these stories have dominant men who may come on a bit strong. There are also themes of loss, illness, and past trauma. Please be mindful of this warning if you are easily triggered.
I'd also like to note that a few of these stories are either an introduction to another story or to a longer version of the same story to be published in the future by the author. One story is even a look back at a couple from an earlier book by the author. Those particular stories were not my fave in the anthology because I am the type of reader who likes a lot of detail and a complete story in one go. I do not like cliffhangers.
The authors were limited to a small word count and as an author I can understand the difficulty of bringing to life characters within a theme of an anthology. Each of these authors brought their A-game and I think you will be happy with your purchase. I've made a note by a few of my favorites.
- Because of Blue by Pixie Chica
- Bearly Lovable by Loni Ree
- Nosey Love by S.E. Isaac -- I was lucky enough to be a beta reader for this story. It is a sweet second chances story. No triggers and includes a complete story.
- Sashy's Salvation by Darlene Tallman -- A veteran who feels like she looses everything, deals with the loss of her team and of the life she thought she'd have. I felt that this story was very well written. It was one of my faves from the series.
- Sit, Stay, Mine by ChaShiree M.
- Unleashed Love by Ember Flint
- Furry Ever After by Tracie Douglas
- Four-Legged Hero by Jaime Russell
- Man's (Not) Best Friend by DC Renee -- A man in need of a dog to help him stay safe, but he's terrified of dogs. This one had me giggling. However, I loved how the author showed how service dogs can help those with seizures.
- When the Raindrops Fell by Chelle C. Craze -- This story touched my heart as it showed how two people dealt with the loss of their siblings.
- D.A.W.G.S. by Letha Gene
- Top Dog by M.K. Moore
- Say Uncle: Doggy Style by C.M. Steele
- Stay With Me by Elisa Leigh
- M.U.T.S. by Annelise Reynolds
- Puppy Love by KL Fast